I can't download a theme because of a "corrupt jarfile" notice, what does this mean and how can I fix it?
I click to download an add-on theme for the web page and after it finishes downloading there is a notice that tells me something about a corrupt jarfile. I think it has something to do with the way it doesn't save to my laptop but instead uses a java file that i might not have. How can I change this?
Détails additionnels sur le système
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_18 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) 9887099703 Version/12.00302
It looks like you are using an old version of Firefox that is no longer supported. It might that the Theme you want to install just isn't compatible with that older version, or maybe something else is wrong.
The first thing you should do is to upgrade Firefox to 3.6.13.
A 'jar package isn't limited to Java, Firefox uses it to package themes.
You also have a number of Plugins that are out of date and might be a security risk, see this page for details:
Auteur de la question
I do not think that is the problem. I have updated to the new firefox and still got the same message before this happened there was a box where I needed to check either to save the file or to use it in a java program. At the top off that page before I checked a box it said i was able to change, however I simply do not remember how.
What are you doing that you get that error?
Make sure that you do not download the themes .jar file and save the file and try to open it with a double-click. That doesn't work. You need to install the theme from the website or drag the theme in the left pane of the Theme Manager (Tools > Add-ons > Themes).
Auteur de la question
All I would like to know really, is how to change the save setting for the theme.