I am infected with scour.com redirect virus. My McAfee is not finding and addressing it. How do I get rid of the scour.com redirect virus?
When I do a google search, I get a bunch of results. However, when I click on a link, it goes to a different webpage - not the one shown on the search page. Sometimes it comes up at scour.com.
I looked up scour.com on Wikipedia, which states that there is a "redirect virus" that is infecting my computer. It cited "Mozilla Support." So, I am asking the Mozilla Forum - How do I get rid of the virus? McAfee is not finding and removing it, and neither is Malware Bytes anti-malware software. Any suggestions?
Modifié le par hetchhetchy
Détails additionnels sur le système
Ceci est arrivé
Quelques fois par semaine
Cela a commencé quand…
I do a google search
- npmnqmp 989898989877
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin for Mozilla (Gecko Version: 1.8b1)
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I ran a full scan using McAfee and Malware Bytes anti-malware, but I still have the virus.
Where do you find the registry file? Did you so a safe-mode start up to edit it? Any help is much appreciated!
Hi Vaxfiend, to make changes to the Windows registry, you use the program regedit.exe (Start > Run, or Vista/7 search box).
HOWEVER, please make a backup of your computer and read up on the registry before going in there.
what worked for me was uninstalling and reinstalling the browser...this even works with IE..though you just have to download the same (or newer version) of IE and it will remove the previous version even if its the same as the one you are currently using