all phone numbers appear hidden when brought up in firefox
Whenever I bring up a site that has a phone number on it, the number flickers for about 1 second and then disappears off the screen - even the line the phone number is on disappears. How do I fix this.
Détails additionnels sur le système
Ceci est arrivé
Chaque fois que Firefox s’ouvre
Cela a commencé quand…
approximately 1-2 months ago
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.3"
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 1.0.5, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Agent utilisateur : Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/2009042316 Firefox/3.0.10 FBSMTWB
One of your add-ons might be the culprit. Try running Firefox in Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode with all add-ons disabled. If that solves the problem, see Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems and possibly Troubleshoot issues with plugins like Flash or Java to fix common Firefox problems
The Skype extension for Firefox is known to cause phone numbers on web pages to disappear after loading initially - disable that extension.
Also, and although possibly not related to your problem, I have to remind you that the version of Firefox you are using at the moment has been discontinued and is no longer supported. On top of this, it has known unpatched bugs and security problems. I urge you to update to the latest version of Firefox, for maximum security, stability, performance and usability. You can get it for free, as always, at getfirefox.com.