Ce sujet de discussion a été archivé. Veuillez poser une nouvelle question si vous avez besoin d’aide.
Cannot export logins and passwords in Firefox 72.0.2
According to various help articles, I should be able to export my logins and passwords using the Settings- logins and passwords and then click on the three dots in the upper right. That should display a menu with an option to export. In my case, when I click on the three dots I get only these options: Preferences, Help, Lockwise for Android, Lockwise for iPhone/iPad. There is no option to export anywhere on the page. How can I backup and logins so that I can load them on my new computer? As above, Firefox version is 72.0.2 and I am using Linux Mint 19.3.
Toutes les réponses (1)
Exporting logins is not possible in Firefox 72, you need at least Firefox 78 or 79.
Current Firefox releases allow to export logins (79+; 78 needs a userContent.css hack) and import logins (80+; may need a pref flip) as CSV file.
Why still using this old Firefox version ? Verify that you meet the System Requirements (GTK+ and GLib) for the current Firefox release.
You can backup/copy logins.json and key4.db from the current profile folder to another profile folder with Firefox closed to transfer the logins.
You can use the button on the "Help -> More Troubleshooting Information" (about:support) page to go to the current Firefox profile folder in a hidden location or use the about:profiles page.
- Help -> More Troubleshooting Information -> Profile Folder/Directory:
Windows: Open Folder; Linux: Open Directory; Mac: Show in Finder
You can copy certain files with Firefox closed to the current profile folder to transfer or recover personal data. Note that best is to avoid copying a full profile folder.
- bookmarks and history: places.sqlite
- favicons: favicons.sqlite
- bookmark backups: compressed .jsonlz4 JSON backups in the bookmarkbackups folder
- cookies.sqlite for the Cookies
- formhistory.sqlite for saved autocomplete Form Data
- logins.json (encrypted logins;32+) and key4.db (decryption key;58+) for Passwords saved in the Password Manager
key3.db support ended in 73+; to use key3.db in 58-72, make sure to remove key4.db
- cert9.db (58+) for (intermediate) certificates stored in the Certificate Manager
- persdict.dat for words added to the spell checker dictionary
- permissions.sqlite for Permissions and possibly content-prefs.sqlite for other website specific data (Site Preferences)
- sessionstore.jsonlz4 for open tabs and pinned tabs (see also the sessionstore-backups folder)
Firefox uses two locations for the Firefox profile folder. One location for your personal data (e.g. bookmarks) and another location for temporary files like the disk cache, so make sure to look in the correct location.
Location used for the main profile that keeps your personal data (Root Directory on about:profiles).
Location used for the disk cache and other temporary files (Local Directory on about:profiles), files in this location are not important..