Recommandations de Cliqz avec Firefox
Some versions of Firefox feature Cliqz recommendations in the address bar. Cliqz GmbH is a German company offering a privacy-oriented search experience.
Table of Contents
Cliqz recommendations are currently only available for users in Germany and only in the German language.
How to Use Cliqz Recommendations
Versions of Firefox with Cliqz recommendations have a unified address bar. To see Cliqz recommendations, simply start typing in the address bar.
You may see several types of recommendations, including web page recommendations, Firefox history and bookmark results, and search suggestions from your default search engine.
Contact Cliqz Support
Disable Location Sharing or Browser Data Collection
Cliqz uses your location to provide local recommendations. Human Web is the data collection mechanism that powers Cliqz recommendations. You can learn more about data collection here.
- To disable location sharing or browser data collection, click the gear icon in the address bar.
- Change the setting for Share Location.
- To stop browser data collection, change the setting for Human Web to disabled.
Disable or Uninstall Cliqz Recommendations
To check if the Cliqz feature is enabled or to stop data collection:
- Type about:addons into your Firefox address bar.
- Click on the left panel.
- If installed, Cliqz will appear on the right:
- Click to turn off Cliqz and stop related data collection.
- Click to uninstall Cliqz from Firefox and all related data collection.
Data Privacy for Firefox with Cliqz
When Cliqz is enabled:
- Firefox shares the following data with Cliqz to provide functionality and improve performance of the Cliqz feature for everyone:
- Search queries & webpage data: This includes text as you type in the address bar, queries you send to certain search engines, and data about the webpages you visit and interactions with those pages, such as mouse movements, scrolls, and time spent.
- Interaction data: This includes your interactions with specific fields and buttons in the Cliqz feature. This data is tied to a unique identifier allowing Cliqz to understand performance over time.
- Firefox shares the following data with Mozilla to better understand interactions between Firefox and the Cliqz feature:
- Interaction Data: This includes counts of visits to search engine pages, which search engines you use, and a Cliqz identifier.