Knowledge Base discussions

[In the KB] How to make Firefox the default browser

1. Make Firefox your default browser was showing the windows video for all OS'es, even though it had "for win" tags around it in the Dec 1 2010 approved version.

I edited the article today and approved my edit, to place {for win} and {/for} tags on a separate line around the windows video, to keep it from being shown for Mac and Linux. That worked. (It this a bug?)

[[How to make Firefox the default browser]] was showing the windows video for all OS'es, even though it had "for win" tags around it in the Dec 1 2010 approved version. I edited the article today and approved my edit, to place {for win} and {/for} tags on a separate line around the windows video, to keep it from being shown for Mac and Linux. That worked. (It this a bug?)

Modified by AliceWyman on

2. It's not a bug, it's just how it works. Block level elements have to have the for tags on a line before and after it. https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/how-to-use-for#w_inline-and-block-level-contexts

Maybe it didn't get migrated correctly?

It's not a bug, it's just how it works. Block level elements have to have the for tags on a line before and after it. https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/how-to-use-for#w_inline-and-block-level-contexts Maybe it didn't get migrated correctly?
  3. This change is not shown in localization dashboards. It shoud have been a major change and not a minor one as there are new keywords and a wiki syntax change.

This change is not shown in localization dashboards. It shoud have been a major change and not a minor one as there are new keywords and a wiki syntax change.
  4. Sorry if I was wrong approving it as a "minor" revision.

I always select the default "Minor details ..." option or the second option, "Content changes that don't require immediate translation", especially if I'm approving my own edit. I avoid using the third option, "Major content changes that will make older versions inaccurate", since I recall that it adds an "out of date" warning to the article, plus AFAIK, "major" changes should not be self-approved (at least not by someone who isn't an admin!)

P.S. Here is Michael's post on this:

http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forums/knowledge-base-articles/704858
    Revision Levels

Quote:

"Content changes that don't require immediate translation" Choosing this will notify localizers and the article will show up on dashboards and needing to be updated. This is what you'd use for most changes - updating an image, fixing {for} markup, adding or removing important (but not critical) sections.

.... so, I re-edited the article (with a link to this thread) and approved it with the second option.

Sorry if I was wrong approving it as a "minor" revision. I always select the default "Minor details ..." option or the second option, "Content changes that don't require immediate translation", especially if I'm approving my own edit. I avoid using the third option, "Major content changes that will make older versions inaccurate", since I recall that it adds an "out of date" warning to the article, plus AFAIK, "major" changes should not be self-approved (at least not by someone who isn't an admin!) P.S. Here is Michael's post on this: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forums/knowledge-base-articles/704858 <br>Revision Levels '''Quote:'''<br> <blockquote>"Content changes that don't require immediate translation" Choosing this will notify localizers and the article will show up on dashboards and needing to be updated. This is what you'd use for most changes - updating an image, fixing {for} markup, adding or removing important (but not critical) sections. </blockquote> .... so, I re-edited the article (with a link to this thread) and approved it with the second option.

Modified by AliceWyman on

5. I updated and approved this article with screenshots for Fx 4 and rejiggered {for} stuff.

I updated and approved this article with screenshots for Fx 4 and rejiggered {for} stuff.