SUMO community discussions

Time zone not updated

1. I'm currently going off Mountain time.

I marked a user to deactivate and threads as spam. It shows: Marked as spam by feer56 at 2015-05-10 09:51:33

However, it's 10:51 here, not 9:51. Is there something not being updated properly?

I'm currently going off Mountain time. I marked a user to deactivate and threads as spam. It shows: Marked as spam by feer56 at 2015-05-10 09:51:33 However, it's 10:51 here, not 9:51. Is there something not being updated properly?
  2. The forum time is Pacific. This has been a issue for a while now.

The forum time is Pacific. This has been a issue for a while now.
  3. That's a good point. The support forum time is displayed according to the locale you're in. For en-US I think the default is PDT, for fr (French) is CET etc. So you can actually see the time changing in the forum if you're changing the locale but since there is no locale for en-ca or something similar the default will always be en-us for English therefore PDT. I hope that makes sense  :)

In the discussion forums here the time zone displayed is the one that you have chosen in your profile.

However it seems that for the logs the time is always the same (PDT), no matter which locale you're in or what's set up in your profile. I'm not sure why that is happening, need to investigate.

That's a good point. The support forum time is displayed according to the locale you're in. For en-US I think the default is PDT, for fr (French) is CET etc. So you can actually see the time changing in the forum if you're changing the locale but since there is no locale for en-ca or something similar the default will always be en-us for English therefore PDT. I hope that makes sense :) In the discussion forums here the time zone displayed is the one that you have chosen in your profile. However it seems that for the logs the time is always the same (PDT), no matter which locale you're in or what's set up in your profile. I'm not sure why that is happening, need to investigate.
  4. Your timezone is in no way related to your locale. However, the site runs in Pacific time (Which varies from PST and PDT), and not all parts of the site "translate" to your local time zone like the forum does.

The part that you pointed out is a bug however. It should either be listed in the right time zone (your timezone, according to your locale) or it should print the timezone with it. Can you file a bug for that?

Your timezone is in no way related to your locale. However, the site runs in Pacific time (Which varies from PST and PDT), and not all parts of the site "translate" to your local time zone like the forum does. The part that you pointed out is a bug however. It should either be listed in the right time zone (your timezone, according to your locale) or it should print the timezone with it. Can you file a bug for that?