SUMO community discussions

Firefox for Windows 8 Metro

1. We’d like to thank everyone who helped prepare for the Firefox Metro release. Many of you have edited and localized articles or shared your research with the rest of the SUMO community. We appreciate all that you’ve done!

It was announced today that the Metro version of Firefox will be pulled from future releases. Everyone did great work, but there weren’t enough users to help test it during the pre-release versions. Releasing it without adequate testing means our users might get a product with glitches, ultimately requiring a lot of follow-up work by developers, designers, and of course, our SUMO community.

Instead of devoting resources to a product that might have little impact, we have the opportunity to refocus our time and energy to support projects that can benefit more people. We already have millions of visitors - over 20 million a day! - who come to SUMO and we’ll have many more to come as we continue innovating. I'm excited about the impact we can make, and I hope you are too!

We’d like to thank everyone who helped prepare for the Firefox Metro release. Many of you have edited and localized articles or shared your research with the rest of the SUMO community. We appreciate all that you’ve done! It was [https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2014/03/14/metro/ announced] today that the Metro version of Firefox will be pulled from future releases. Everyone did great work, but there weren’t enough users to help test it during the pre-release versions. Releasing it without adequate testing means our users might get a product with glitches, ultimately requiring a lot of follow-up work by developers, designers, and of course, our SUMO community. Instead of devoting resources to a product that might have little impact, we have the opportunity to refocus our time and energy to support projects that can benefit more people. We already have millions of visitors - over 20 million a day! - who come to SUMO and we’ll have many more to come as we continue innovating. I'm excited about the impact we can make, and I hope you are too!