Ketju on arkistoitu. Esitä kysymys, jos tarvitset apua.
Dear Mozilla firefox Community,
1. My computer is a new HEWLETT PACKARD. It works beautifully.
2. WINDOWS 10 HOME. No problem.
3. Here is the strange occurrence. With MOZILLA FIREFOX I have in the LANGUAGE SETTINGS, chosen for now, only four languages: ENGLISH UNITED KINGDOM, ENGLISH UNITED STATES, FRENCH & ITALIAN. I may in the future also add GERMAN and SPANISH.
4. The main language highlighted is ENGLISH UNITED STATES.
5. I also have chose the CHECK SPELLING in the little grey window if there should be a typing error. This and all of the above I've set also with my GOOGLE CHROME browser, except the term used with it is ENHANCED SPELL CHECK.
6. I have four mail servers: GOOGLE, HOT, YAHOO & VERIZON by way of AMERICA ONLINE.
7. Here is the problem with MOZILLA FIREFOX that does not occur with GOOGLE CHROME: With CHECK SPELLING clicked-checked on, all of the languages will result error with a red erratic line underneath them, even if correctly spelled. Sometimes an American spelling will have it, apologize, sometimes a British spelling, apologise, and not the other, and sometimes both. Likewise with French and Italian. I may type one message using all four languages, and errors for all.
8. If I compose an electronic mail message using GOOGLE CHROME, whether with one language, or I type it using words in all four languages in one message, if the spelling is correct there is not a language error red line. Only when I misspell a word in any of the four, this is what is supposed to happen with MOZILLA FIREFOX, but it doesn't.
9. With MOZILLA FIREFOX, I must unclick the CHECK SPELLING to avoid the red line errors,Yet, I won't get a red line error if I should indeed type a word wrongly. With CHECK SPELLING even correctly spelled words in any language result red line error!
10. Why is this taking place? I have correctly chosen the four languages, chosen United States English as the main language for MOZILLA FIREFOX browser. This never happened with my DELL INSPIRON computer and WINDOWS 7 HOME. Please understand I am not computer savvy, and I dread something goes askew with the computer settings. There must be something that is being overlooked. I await your kind and patient assistance. Eric Galati
Kaikki vastaukset (1)
Note that for spell checking you need to install dictionaries. Only en-US Firefox comes with a dictionary, you can find use installed dictionaries on the about:addons page (Add-ons -> Dictionaries).
You can look here for dictionaries:
Installed language pack provide string (label) translations for the user interface and are listed under "Add-ons -> Languages".
The settings in Options/Preferences are about the language for the user interface and the preferred languages for webpages and have nothing to do with spell check apart from enabling this feature.
- Options/Preferences -> General -> Language and Appearance