This thread was archived. اگر به کمک نیاز دارید لطفاً یک سؤال بپرسید.
Bookmark "star" in URL bar is not working
I'm clicking on the "star" to bookmark this page. It is not working and doesnt seem to be doing anything. The star shows it's animation on click, but does not allow me to save a bookmark.
All Replies (5)
Try the Firefox Safe Mode to see how it works there. The Safe Mode is a troubleshooting mode, which disables most add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4.0+ Safe Mode by holding the Shift key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item and click on the Restart with Add-ons Disabled... menu item while Firefox is running.
Don't select anything right now, just use "'Start in Safe Mode" To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shift key) to open it again. If it is good in the Firefox Safe Mode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Please follow the Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems article for that.
When you figure out what's causing your issues, please let us know. It might help other users who have the same problem.
Make sure that you do not double-click the highlighted star.
Just to be sure that you understand how it works:
- Clicking the star in the location bar will bookmark the page in the "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder and the star turns yellow (blue on Mac) to show that.
- If the URL in the location bar is bookmarked (star at the right end is yellow/blue) then click the highlighted star or use "Bookmark This Page" (Ctrl+D) to edit the properties of the bookmark (name, location) and move it to another folder or remove the bookmark.
- The "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder shows in the sidebar and the Library, but not in the Bookmarks menu drop down list.
- Bookmarks > "Bookmark This Page" (Ctrl+D) will bookmark the page in the Bookmarks Menu folder (you need to confirm that).
ctrl+D is working, but Clicking on the star is not.
FYI, what I'm expecting is to click the star, have the name be auto-populated by something (tab name or URL) and have the ability to move the bookmark into my organized folders.
I may be having conflicts because of xmarks? Is this common?
You can try to Disable Xmarks in Tools (Alt + T) > Add-ons > Extensions and check. If the problem persist you can then try the Safe Mode.
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do not click the Reset button on the Safe mode start window or otherwise make changes.