This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Why does shockwave flash keep crashing?
I have same problem with Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
Usually within minutes of opening my browser shockwave flash regularly crashes and I'm asked whether I want to continue or stop the plug-in.
Will this ever be really fixed? I've used so called work arounds but they are not the answer and don't usually work that well and are cumbersome.
All Replies (2)
Thank you for your question. With this not being Mozilla software there is only so much we can do to help, but I recommend you have a read of this page which may help.
I hope this helps, but if not, please come back here and we can look into a different solution for you.
You can check for problems with current Shockwave Flash plugin versions and try this:
- make sure you have the latest Flash version:
- check for updates for your graphics drive drivers
- disable protected mode in the Flash plugin (Windows Vista and later)
- disable hardware acceleration in the Flash plugin
- disable hardware acceleration in Firefox