Este tema ha sido archivado. Haz una nueva pregunta si necesitas ayuda.
Firefox window not responding to certain functions
1) It seems that every time I open a new window (either Ctrl N or through link), the new window does not respond until I cycle through the windows (or Alt Tab). Until I do this, anything I try to click on the new window affects the window behind it, as if the new window is only and image and not interactive.
2) Even when I do not open a new window, but use one I'm already using (like this one), I am unable to minimize, shrink or exit the window. The buttons do not respond (not even highlighted). But the tabs and everything else do respond.
Any advice? Thanks
Todas las respuestas (4)
Try the Firefox SafeMode.
A troubleshooting mode, which disables most Add-ons.
(If you're not using it, switch to the Default Theme.)
- You can open the Firefox 4/5/6/7 SafeMode by holding the Shft key when you use the Firefox desktop or Start menu shortcut.
- Or use the Help menu item, click on Restart with Add-ons Disabled... while Firefox is running.
To exit the Firefox Safe Mode, just close Firefox and wait a few seconds before using the Firefox shortcut (without the Shft key) to open it again.
If it is good in the Firefox SafeMode, your problem is probably caused by an extension, and you need to figure out which one.
Thanks for the reply. I tried this and the problem persists. I just reinstalled Firefox and the problem is still there. Any idea what's going on?
Try a clean reinstall.
Download a fresh Firefox copy and save the file to the desktop.
- Firefox 5.0.x: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/all.html
- Uninstall your current Firefox version.
- Do not remove personal data when you uninstall the current version.
Remove the Firefox program folder before installing that newly downloaded copy of the Firefox installer.
- It is important to delete the Firefox program folder to remove all the files and make sure that there are no problems with files that were leftover after uninstalling.
Your bookmarks and other profile data are stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder and won't be affected by a reinstall, but make sure that you do not select to remove personal data if you uninstall Firefox.
It may not be necessary to create a new profile, so first try if it works with your current profile and if not then create a new profile.
Thank you for your suggestion cor-el, but the problem persists. I did a clean reinstall (w/ deleting the folder but not removing the personal data)... First window I opened, the tabs were functioning but the three rightmost buttons (exit, minimize and modify window) were not responding or even getting highlighted.
I had to cycle through my windows to get it to respond. This is so frustrating!