Este tema ha sido archivado. Haz una nueva pregunta si necesitas ayuda.
How can I configure an outgoing server that has a different password than the rest of my email account?
I have a work email account where the password for my incoming server is different than the password for my outgoing server. I cannot find how to change this in the outgoing server settings on thunderbird. Any help would be very appreciated!
Todas las respuestas (1)
Try to add another SMTP server using correct password then tell the mail account to use that smtp server.
- Tools > Account settings > Outgoing Server (SMTP)
- click on 'Add'
- enter a Description so you can easily tell which server this is.
- enter server details.
- userbame = full email address
- password = correct smtp password.
- click on OK
Then tell your mail account to use that smtp server.
- select the mail account name in left column
- bottom right section 'Outgoing server (SMTP)
- click on drop down and select the smtp server you just added.
- click on OK to save changes to Account Settings.
Note: Account Settings can be located via various methods: Menu Bar
- Tools > Account settings
- menu icon > Options > Account Settings
- right click on mail account and select 'Settings'