On my laptop (Macbook Pro 2020; macOS 10.15.7), in Thunderbird (78.6.1; 64-bit), within only one email account (IMAP; server type = owl), the messages I see in every fold… (read more)
On my laptop (Macbook Pro 2020; macOS 10.15.7), in Thunderbird (78.6.1; 64-bit), within only one email account (IMAP; server type = owl), the messages I see in every folder for that account disappear every time Thunderbird checks for new messages. (I have changed the time value to verify this.) This of course just started happening today, has worked fine for many months before this (even last night), and I recall no changes having been made to trigger this.
I can see the messages in any given folder again "if" I click on another folder and then back on that original folder. It is as if Thunderbird is forced to reload/re-show them. Or, I can right click on any folder, choose Properties and then click Repair Folder. This, too will restore visibility to the messages, until Thunderbird checks for new messages; whereupon, they all disappear again.
In order to give you wonderfully helpful people more information, just in case...
- I did add this email account in Thunderbird using the Owl for Exchange extension, which has worked great. I do not know if it may be the culprit. Restarting Thunderbird in Safe Mode cannot verify this operation since the account is not even available when doing so.
- I have multiple email accounts created in Thunderbird, even other IMAP accounts, and this only happens with one account.
- This same problem email account does not have issues online or through my phone.
- I noticed that this problem email account is the only one that will not allow me to Compact Folders. That option is greyed out for some reason.
- If I have unread messages in my Inbox, then the Inbox folder still indicates as much, even though the messages are not visible until I re-jog things.
I am currently out of ideas.