Firefox for Mobile needs to sync Collections too. My wife typically trusts me to make the tech decisions in my household, and is fine with using and supporting Mozilla an… (read more)
Firefox for Mobile needs to sync Collections too.
My wife typically trusts me to make the tech decisions in my household, and is fine with using and supporting Mozilla and Firefox. Overall, she likes the new Mobile Firefox too, as do I.
She's a typical Tab Hoarder kind of user. On her last phone, I introduced her to Collections. Much easier to use and get to than Bookmarks, easy to understand, good at helping her control the immense amount of tabs she otherwise has open. She basically fell in love with the feature.
A few days ago she got a new phone. We still have her old one, but the screen is 1/3 cracks and it no longer holds a charge well. "Well loved", for sure.
Install Firefox on new phone --> sync over her stuff --> all good... Well, wait... Where are her collections with her hundred-or-more tabs in them for various stuff?
Turns out they don't sync?
I've been helping her manually move over the tabs from the collections on her old phone to the new phone, but I feel *extremely* lucky we still have the phone. If she'd lost her phone instead, that would be quite the amount of time she'd spent getting acquainted with and using this feature just to find it doesn't save anywhere.
This was all essentially written as a real-life use-case, for the following plea:
Please, *please* add Collections to what is able to be synced with the Firefox Sync feature.
My Firefox sync isn't working anymore. Even if I force it, bookmarks won't sync.
Can't please someone help?
My Firefox mobile has been unresponsive to Instagram links ever since at least the latest update. Tapping the 'Open in app' option in a new tab with the IG link does not … (read more)
My Firefox mobile has been unresponsive to Instagram links ever since at least the latest update. Tapping the 'Open in app' option in a new tab with the IG link does not bring up the app. Tap and hold on the link to bring up options panel does not show the 'Open in external app' option like before. Please look into this.
There is no keyboard comes when once searched on Google to modify search
Hello, when i dowload a pdf file with my Samsung A71 and want to open it, i don't get acrobat as a proposition to download it. Instead i get a proposition of applications… (read more)
Hello, when i dowload a pdf file with my Samsung A71 and want to open it, i don't get acrobat as a proposition to download it. Instead i get a proposition of applications which are useless for this purpose like garmin connect, stocard etc. I search on the internet but didn't find any solution. I would be grateful for your help as i really would like to stay with firefox instead of using Samsung internet where i don't have this problem.
Hi, Sometimes my Firefox opens with 3 to 8 random Tabs
I have Firefox set as my default browser on my Pixel phone running the latest security update from Google. When I click a link that opens in app, it gives me a temporary … (read more)
I have Firefox set as my default browser on my Pixel phone running the latest security update from Google. When I click a link that opens in app, it gives me a temporary window/browser for just use with that app. This is how it should work. My problem comes in with my use of NoScript and it doing it's job (often leaving the page unable to load,) but I have no access to the addon to ok any scripts without transferring the whole thing to the primary browser, which to me is self-defeating. I currently have NoScript set to run in both private and regular tabs. Is there a way to access the add-ons from that temporary window browser? OR Is it only running in it because I have it set to run in private tabs as well?
This is as much a question as it is feedback from someone who is running Firefox as my primary browser on Android.
Thanks for your time, Damon
Hello, This problem exists for quite some time now. Sometimes when I download a PDF file, i cannot open it in Adobe acrobat via Firefox download "open". When i tap on "op… (read more)
This problem exists for quite some time now. Sometimes when I download a PDF file, i cannot open it in Adobe acrobat via Firefox download "open". When i tap on "open" Firefox says there is no PDF viewer installed or it cant open the file. Although the viewer is installed and sometimes it works as it should. But some PDF files cant be opened. When I access them through my file manager i can open them without any problem.
Firefox Daylight on an up to date Samsung S10e. But same problem on Xiaomi Mi9 SE or Galaxy Tab S6 lite.
85.1.3 (Build #2015792283) AC: 70.0.20, d282b98ef GV: 85.0.2-20210208133944 AS: 67.2.0
So I'm looking for a smoother way to migrate Firefox data when switching phones. I love the collections function, would love to see this added to account sync. Is it poss… (read more)
So I'm looking for a smoother way to migrate Firefox data when switching phones. I love the collections function, would love to see this added to account sync. Is it possible to save these to account? Also, for synced tabs, would be extremely helpful to select multiple tabs to open at a time. One by one gets old for 200+ tabs. Any other ideas?
Hi, I found firefox beta the one and only bnowser on Android where I can change the viewport width and thus look at very wide webpages (e.g. scientific) that are designed… (read more)
Hi, I found firefox beta the one and only bnowser on Android where I can change the viewport width and thus look at very wide webpages (e.g. scientific) that are designed for laptops. But how can I make a screenshot of such a webpage? That is, not only capture what is actually on the screen in the moment, but the entire webpage. But I really must do this in Firefox Beta, because if I cannot set the viewport width to somet0ing extrawide, then the website will open in a distorted way. I spent a lot of time going through not only the firefox beta menu, but also the settings and the config about page of firefox beta and I am lost. Googling for an hour, I saw that "firifox light" on Android does have a screenshot icon that provides exacly this functionality. Any ideas why this is not there in firefox beta for Android? Or any ideas for a workaround?
How can I get into my screen locked Android without factory resetting it
On a regular basis (few times per week) when trying to enter a comment on a YouTube video, or enter something in the search, the keyboard refuses to appear. Only solution… (read more)
On a regular basis (few times per week) when trying to enter a comment on a YouTube video, or enter something in the search, the keyboard refuses to appear. Only solution seems to be to restart Firefox completely. Attached image shows a search attempt, where the text cursor is in the field, but no keyboard is appearing. All other sites seem to be fine.
Firefox android (latest) Samsung S7 Google keyboard and Samsung built in tested.
Firefox crashing again and again in my android with 11 version.
is ot possible to delete single cookies from a specific website? e. g. language settings?
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 ( SM-T505), new 2020 with Android 10. This is as follows ( N.B this is quite annoying/frustrating): 1. If I choose other language than the… (read more)
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 ( SM-T505), new 2020 with Android 10.
This is as follows ( N.B this is quite annoying/frustrating):
1. If I choose other language than the factory recomended in wich country you bought the device in. For an ex If you are asked to choose Swedish ( for tablet bought in Sweden), but If you choose English either UK or US the device thinks that you are in either UK or US. According to the search results wich will guides you to sites from this countries.
2. That If you choose other language than the factory recomended,and add multiple languages Firefox gets nuts. Besides that Firefox constantly crashes( will get back to startmenu), closes down tabs. But whats most annoying ( bug or lack of compatiblility) is that the device constantly will aut change my input language to the next upcoming in the list. As I would describe it that the layout ( input language) will be changed to for an ex English layout insted of Swedish. But at the same time If I will delete all of the existig input languages,and just keep my native keyboard layout it works fine.
3. That many sites constantly crashes,and that I can't add myself to many social media sites( not such as FB,Twitter. Since I don't have any account at this platforms). I will also get error messages when a site has capture codes. Wich will result that I can't add myself there. 4. If I ask for Desktop version Firefox thinks that I'm using Linux. Note that all sites will work fine,but better than the standard mobile ver. 5. That Firefox at many Tablets from Samsung ( but since I only have exp with Samsung devices) have poor compatiblity to many webmail services. I myself know that protonmail works badly. Since non of the functions that I have at a regular Pc works. It's both when I will open an existing mail, but at the same time when I will add a new mail it's where my issues are most. What will hapend is that nearly the whole screen will be covered with the keyboard,and that neither of the basic functions ( such as formating text) will work.
5. I' ve also noticed that the keyboard have a bad respons, and that the device interpetate my sweep gesters over the screen that I will flip scren mode ( to a vertical instead of horisontal mode). But at the same time if I lock my screen to a horisontal mode it works better.
6. As an average Firefox ( to my device) have a bad compatiblity to many sites. But at the same time Firefox for a regular PC( either Win 7,8,10) works better.
7. That Firefox installed at my device have non of the other functions that I have for my regular Pc is compatible( that I can change functions such as cookies etc)
8. Every time when I update to a newer ver firefox aut deletes all of my bookmarks ( saved online websites). Why isn't it possibel to have an option to save them ( manualy delete),or save them to a memorycard or different folder.
9. Why isn't it possibel as it was in previous ver to just download a specific lang ver. For an ex English (UK or US). Since I know that the most stabel versions are English ( in particular UK). My point is that why should Firefox follow the device set language. For myself I'm more used to english computer softwares rather than Swedish. Why isn't is possible to have an option to an advanced ( custom install).
Where did the muem go
Where did my folders go?