I’ve switched to Firefox to try and do the right thing by supporting Open Source software but I’m struggling with some basics. I have an iPad Mini Series… (read more)
I’ve switched to Firefox to try and do the right thing by supporting Open Source software but I’m struggling with some basics. I have an iPad Mini Series 3 128G running IOS 12.4.2 and a Huawei P20 Pro.
I seem to be hitting basic problems all over the place at the moment and a couple of hours on various Community help pages isn’t getting me very far. In no particular order:
- default browser: I understand there’s no option to set anything other than Safari on my iPad. However, on my phone, although I’ve been into Settings / Apps / Default apps and selected Firefox, and although I open the Firefox app (which shows as v68.2.1) my screen layout still has the look and feel of a Chrome browser. So, 3 vertical dots on my top right screen instead of 3 lines, no Library symbol and a drop down menu off the 3 dots that looks like a Chrome drop down menu
- default location: I’ve changed this to UK but most of the pages still seem to get served with a default ‘en-US’ element in the url rather ‘en-GB’
- bookmarks: simply can’t import them from Chrome to either my iPad or phone. The tab to do so in Setting that the help pages refer me to simply doesn’t exist (understandable I guess on the phone as it still seems to be mimicking Chrome), less so on the iPad. (Or is this something that Apple have blocked to try and hamper Firefox take-up? I have created an account, signed in to it on both devices and sync’d across them, apparently successfully, but there is no option to import my Bookmarks
- Logins: is it possible to import these? I haven’t found anything which suggests that it is
- Pocket: managed to delete it on my iPad, would love to do so on my phone.
Thanks in advance for any help with this and apologies if I’m missing stuff that’s basic and obvious.