Hey, so I've just spent the past weekend attempting to troubleshoot this issue and nothing is working. The issue: Firefox either crashes (only Linux) or slows down drast… (read more)
Hey, so I've just spent the past weekend attempting to troubleshoot this issue and nothing is working.
The issue: Firefox either crashes (only Linux) or slows down drastically alongside a CPU temp spike (Linux and Windows). Temps are 25 Celsius at idle, 30-40 while using Firefox for the first few minutes, and then it spikes up to 55-65 Celsius and never drops back down to normal unless I close the browser. Chromium-based browsers like Chrome, Brave, Edge all run fine with no crashes, no slow down, and normal temps.
Things I've tried to troubleshoot the issue:
- Reinstalled Firefox
- Tried troubleshoot mode
- Updated drivers
- Enabled and disabled hardware acceleration
- Made some configurations (media.ffmpeg.vaapi.enabled set to true, accessibility.force_disabled set to 1)
- Tried both Wayland and Xorg on Linux, changed the window protocol to wayland instead of xwayland
- Changed operating systems (Fedora, Arch Linux, Windows 10)
- Reinstalled Fedora and Arch
- Disabled XMP profile in BIOS
- Performed Memtest (no errors)
And a few of my crash reports:
Perhaps I'm spending too much time into this but I really want to know what is causing this and whether it's pertaining to my hardware or Firefox itself. Any help appreciated.