So I'm a big dummy and used the "Forget the last" button on Firefox (I'm using version 34.0.5) without fully understanding what it does (note: I only selected it to f… (read more)
So I'm a big dummy and used the "Forget the last" button on Firefox (I'm using version 34.0.5) without fully understanding what it does (note: I only selected it to forget the last five minutes, if that helps anything). It exited my session and restarted with a clean Firefox window, but now I can't access my tabs anymore. I've been reading some of the similar questions about recovering tabs and tried their solutions but this case seems to be different and so I am lost.
Here's what I did:
- Made sure that all file types were now visible
- Went to my Firefox profile folder and made a copy of everything as soon as I could
- Tried looking through the files that were there (the only relevant ones that seem to be there are recovery.bak and recovery.js)
- Couldn't find any useful information in these files. There was certainly no list of tabs for me to use
- Still haven't exited the Firefox session since it restarted and wiped away everything. I see that in some support tickets here that closing Firefox is necessary, but honestly right now I'm too nervous to try that
- Become increasingly frustrated, open a Mozilla support account and post this
I'm quite reliant on my tabs. Have I done something wrong here? Is there any way to restore them, or am I just screwed in this particular case? I made certain to look at this forum and do everything the solutions to similar problems said to do.
For what it's worth, Firefox has crashed a few times over the last week and had to start up again, so maybe that backed up a version somewhere? I would even be alright with a somewhat older version of tabs (I have some dating back to months ago and that contain information I would very much like to access again).
Any help would be very much appreciated, and I would be happy to provide more information if it's needed.