Using FireFox 26.0 and this morning I started getting 'Not Responding' messages during start-up. After many attempts, including disabling all Extensions and Plugins and r… (read more)
Using FireFox 26.0 and this morning I started getting 'Not Responding' messages during start-up. After many attempts, including disabling all Extensions and Plugins and reducing startup to one tab only, I found this repeatable sequence:
1. un-installed firefox
3. installed firefox 26.0
4. got not responding when started after installation
5. closed ff
6. started ff, got not responding, closed ff
7. repeated step 6
8. repeated step 6
9. started ff, got ff Safe Mode message, selected reset ff (safe mode didn't appear to do anything)
10. firefox.exe in Process list, but no window opens
11. ended process in Task Manager
12. started ff, came up ok !!??
13. exited ff (Firefox -> Exit), window closes, but firefox.exe still in Process list
14. ended process
15. started FF, back to step 6
Yesterday I was experimenting with two password managers (KeePass Password Safe 2.24 and S10 Password Vault 4.1), a new release of Thunderbird was installed inthe morning, and, I think, some new Window 7 updates were applied.
Only changes yesterday to FF were clearing all cookies, history and cache.
Not sure if FF was re-started after any of the above changes/installations.
Any suggestions as to what is causing this problem appreciated.