I got an error on one of my open or pinned tabs (do not recall which it was). I do not recall what the error was and did not screenshot it because I was sure that closin… (read more)
I got an error on one of my open or pinned tabs (do not recall which it was). I do not recall what the error was and did not screenshot it because I was sure that closing Firefox and restarting it would fix the issue. I did just that, closed Firefox and reopened it to find that ALL of my pinned and open tabs were GONE. This also happens if another instance of Firefox is opened and I close my main one first by accident and then close the other Firefox instance - ALL TABS LOST.
This is what I have done:
• I started to restore the pinned tabs as I could remember what they were but I was not able to remember the open tabs that were not pinned
• I searched for lost tabs on the web and on the Mozilla support site but was not able to find any useful help - most of it seems outdated or no long compatible with my version of Firefox.
• I looked for the sessionrestore files on my local PC but could not find them - this must have changed in some version of Firefox between version 42 and version 82 that I have.
• I looked in the AddOn store to find something that would help restore and prevent this issue - but found nothing. A very old post, from 2012, indicated one that did this but it is no longer available.
• All of the Options in Firefox to restore previous session, reopen previous tabs and all that were blank.
This is VERY frustrating in that it results in lots of down time to recreate what was open and is equivalent to working on a document for days or weeks only to find out that the Microsoft file got corrupt or did not save properly.
I am using Firefox version 82.0.2 (64-bit).
1/ Is there any way I can get the pinned and open tabs back from the previous session?
2/ What can I do to avoid this issue EVER happening again.