FireFox 70.0.1, Windows 7 pro 32-bit. A year or two ago I found that I couldn't get FireFox (then an earlier version) to play any of the music samples on Amazon. All att… (read more)
FireFox 70.0.1, Windows 7 pro 32-bit.
A year or two ago I found that I couldn't get FireFox (then an earlier version) to play any of the music samples on Amazon. All attempts to fix this failed, so I switched to Chrome for a time, which work fine for this application.
Chrome, however, has developed other issued, so I came back to FireFox, in the version listed above.
And I come to find out that it has the same problem as the old version. It will not play any of the sound samples on the Amazon.com site. I click on the "play " button, and the circle goes round and round, but nada.
FireFox doesn't have any problem with sound on any other site I visit, including youtube, hulu, spotify, Google play, and various others too numerous to mention. But on Amazon: nada.
- I went here: https://hpr.dogphilosophy.net/test/ and checked all available file formats. FireFox supports them all, except for .caf -- which shouldn't be an issue, since Amazons samples are MP3.
- I have checked to assure that media.mediasource.webm.enabled is set to "true" -- doesn't matter what it's set to,
no sound samples on Amazon.
- I have tried turning "hardware acceleration" off and on; still no sound samples on Amazon.
- I tried FireFox in "safe" mode -- still no sound samples on Amazon.
- I went to Microsoft and downloaded the "Media Feature Pack"; attempted to install, and was told that this
installation "doesn't apply to your system".
Still no sound samples on Amazon.
A web search seems to indicate that this has been a problem with FireFox since at least 2015.
Does anybody have a REAL fix for this problem (e.g., one that actually WORKS)?
I'd really hate to have to go back to Chrome.