Firefox won't open any pages, everything else does.
Hi, As the title says, Firefox throws "We can’t connect to the server at m.imdb.com." error every time I try to open a page while everything else works like Chrome, Edge… (read more)
As the title says, Firefox throws "We can’t connect to the server at m.imdb.com." error every time I try to open a page while everything else works like Chrome, Edge and when I ping via command prompt I get replies and other applications. (Win 10 64-bit with latest Firefox)
I think it's a system-wide problem but I can't figure out where. I was under the impression that it's a DNS problem but it doesn't even open IP addresses like 192.168.1.1 and it doesn't open instantly, no matter it's Google.com or my router IP, instant error message.
I tried everything I could find which are:
- Refresh, clean re-install with deleting profile directory
- clearing cache and data
- Toggling these in about:config: network.http.http3.enabled, network.dns.disableIPv6, network.dns.disablePrefetch
- Enabling/disabling my adapter
- Running a couple commands:
ipconfig /flushdns ipconfig /registerdns ipconfig /release ipconfig /renew netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt netsh winsock reset catalog netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
- Setting proxy to None
- Restarting with Troubleshoot Mode (add-ons disabled)
- Removing Firefox entry from Windows Firewall. (I haven't installed any Firewall and Anti-Virus)
- WIndows's Network Reset
- Rebooting machine and router
I'm sure there are more, these are all I can remember now.
This happened some months ago but can't seem to remember how I fixed it.
The only way it opens sites is with a VPN that sets a system proxy and setting Firefox's proxy to "Use System Proxy Settings".