Showing questions tagged: Show all questions
  • Archived

corrupt bookmarks menu

For my copy of Firefox, the bookmarks menu repeats itself as sub-folders ad infinitum: "Show All Bookmarks>All Bookmarks/Bookmarks Menu... /All Bookmarks/Bookmarks Men… (read more)

For my copy of Firefox, the bookmarks menu repeats itself as sub-folders ad infinitum: "Show All Bookmarks>All Bookmarks/Bookmarks Menu... /All Bookmarks/Bookmarks Menu... /All Bookmarks/Bookmarks Menu...." Each sub-level contains all the bookmarks of its parent level. Deletion of a "Bookmarks Menu" sub-folder results in deletion of corresponding parent folders and their contents.

Asked by Lowell 1 year ago

Last reply by FredMcD 1 year ago

  • Archived

Session Restore Not Working Most of the Time

When I start Firefox after it crashes, 10% of the time I get the Restore Session option. The other 90% of the time I get a new window without a Restore Session option and… (read more)

When I start Firefox after it crashes, 10% of the time I get the Restore Session option. The other 90% of the time I get a new window without a Restore Session option and all the history is gone.

Asked by b5301274 1 year ago

Last reply by FredMcD 1 year ago

  • Archived

How do I view the WHOLE console log, not just the most recent entries?

I'm trying to write a userscript and I have it writing to console.log so I can see why when something goes wrong. However, the console log routinely hides most of what I … (read more)

I'm trying to write a userscript and I have it writing to console.log so I can see why when something goes wrong. However, the console log routinely hides most of what I write to it. I can plainly see that, even though the script executes from the beginning, the log starts somewhere in the middle of the script execution, and vital information that I *NEED* is always cut off "above the fold".

I would be willing to settle for: 1.) Seeing ALL the console log entries my script writes, not just the small subset Firefox decides to show me 2.) Logging to a file instead of the console 3.) Using a remote logging service, if there is a free one that works (IE not Loggly). 4.) Running a webserver on my computer and logging via remote calls to that 5.) A way to use JSON.stringify to append the log to tags in the open web page... I actually had this working, but Firefox logs objects as "[object object]" so I can't see them. I already know they're objects, I need to see what they contain!

Any of these would work for me. I just need to be able to look at the log and see the order the various parts of my scripts executed in.

What would NOT work for me is:

1.) Using the script debugger. The problem I'm seeing is very sporadic, and my script uses jQuery, the amount of javascript that executes very quickly is really large, so manually stepping through script execution would require literally hours or days of tapping away, without even being sure the error will occur for me to see. I really need to just be able to use the web normally, and then, when the error occurs, being able to look at the log and see the script execution documented exactly as I set up my console.log commands to do.

The fact that I just spent the better part of two days unable to find a simple solution to the problem of just viewing my script's log entries, is making me think Firefox is not an adequate browser for javascript development. Am I making a mistake trying to develop on Firefox? Is Firefox no good for troubleshooting javascript on?

Asked by Zatukp 1 year ago

Last reply by jscher2000 1 year ago

  • Archived

Double Firefox installation; one on Windows default "Program Files" and one portable.

As the questions describes it, I have these two installations. However, when I launch an inquiry from, say email, the system launches the one installed on Windows 10. Haw… (read more)

As the questions describes it, I have these two installations. However, when I launch an inquiry from, say email, the system launches the one installed on Windows 10. Haw can I force the portable version execution? Thanks, Mišo

Asked by Mišo 1 year ago

Last reply by jscher2000 1 year ago

  • Archived

Improve Cookie Management with different wording in Privacy & Security Options?

I would have liked Firefox more and sooner, if under History/Clear History When Firefox Closes/Cookies, the following was put on the page instead of just Cookies: "Cookie… (read more)

I would have liked Firefox more and sooner, if under History/Clear History When Firefox Closes/Cookies, the following was put on the page instead of just Cookies: "Cookies Including Allowed Sites." It is reasonable to presume that Managed Permissions protects cookies under all conditions, but this is not the case. Confusion in this area has caused me a fair amount of long term frustration and wasted time, and it was easily avoidable with a tiny bit more detail on this Options page.

Asked by Quenchoo 1 year ago

Last reply by FredMcD 1 year ago

  • Archived

.gifv file will not load

Surfing Reddit, animated .gifv files, like those found on Imgur, will not load. Regular .gif files load normally and run. I have tried the about:config page, checked the… (read more)

Surfing Reddit, animated .gifv files, like those found on Imgur, will not load. Regular .gif files load normally and run. I have tried the about:config page, checked the image.animation_mode line and it is set to normal. I have cleared the cache. I have restarted Firefox in Safe Mode. I have the latest version of Firefox installed (currently 68.0.2). I checked Norton and nothing is set to keep these files from loading. I checked that the few Adddons I have are updated. My Extensions (Adblock, uBlock, Flash Flash player, Privacy Pass) are all updated. I loaded Flash video player. Nothing worked. Any other suggestions?

Asked by dpspam 1 year ago

Last reply by jscher2000 1 year ago

  • Archived

Add-On symbols disappeared from Toolbar, don´t work but are still "Activated" in the Add-On Menu

After re-installing my PC I also installed a fresh Firefox and added all my standard Plug-Ins. Everything worked perfectly fine with perfect stability. Then all of a sudd… (read more)

After re-installing my PC I also installed a fresh Firefox and added all my standard Plug-Ins. Everything worked perfectly fine with perfect stability. Then all of a sudden, probably after clearing History all these plug-ins disappeared from the toolbar and also don´t work (seeing commercials on youtube etc.). Only 1 Plug-In is still displayed and still works (NordVPN). I´ve been looking for solutions but didn´t find anything on this problem. There´s one fact that makes it a little special: all of the Add-Ons are in the Menu/Add-On Tab and activated, no problems appear. (Screenshot)

Asked by Turboklaus 1 year ago

Last reply by RobertJ 1 year ago

  • Archived

Firefox Ver 68 in windows 10 has stopped displaying some websites which wereviewable in prior version.

firefox ver 68 on Windows 10 is not displaying some websites at all screenis blank but does flash the correct screen for a split second as it loads. These websites worked… (read more)

firefox ver 68 on Windows 10 is not displaying some websites at all screenis blank but does flash the correct screen for a split second as it loads. These websites worked perfectl well in the previous version. Is there any way round this annoying problem?

Asked by Rod 1 year ago

Last reply by Wesley Branton 1 year ago

  • Archived

updates.to

hello.Today when open firefox appears a message to udpat flash player and the classic firefox's window if i trust updates.to page.I have allready t… (read more)

hello.Today when open firefox appears a message to udpat flash player and the classic firefox's window if i trust updates.to page.I have allready the latest version of adobe flash player.So what is updates.to?

Asked by vasilsi 1 year ago

Last reply by cor-el 1 year ago

  • Archived

The Tax service for my country produces the assessment form in aspx format. Firrefox cannot save as a pdf, but Chrome can

As stated in the question, South Africa's tax authority has made extensive changes to the online service. Amongst these is a printable version of the return document is l… (read more)

As stated in the question, South Africa's tax authority has made extensive changes to the online service. Amongst these is a printable version of the return document is loaded as am aspx file. Firefox cannot save this as a pdf. I installed Chrome and it works properly. Please don't chase me away. I hate Google.

Asked by John 1 year ago

Last reply by cor-el 1 year ago

  • Archived

Addons randomly stop working

One minute they are working and the next they aren't. I am using Firefox version 68.0.1. This happens a couple of times a week now and I have checked settings. Deleted… (read more)

One minute they are working and the next they aren't. I am using Firefox version 68.0.1. This happens a couple of times a week now and I have checked settings. Deleted and reinstalled them. Disabled and then enabled them. I shut down the browser and bring it back up and they still don't work and then suddenly they work. It is driving me crazy.

Asked by OooSillyMe 1 year ago

Last reply by FredMcD 1 year ago

  • Archived

Firefox randomly logs me off of a site then asks if I want a weather report

Often my work day begins with a internet search. I get involved in the site that I have successfully found. Randomly, Firefox simply logs me out of all tabs and asks if… (read more)

Often my work day begins with a internet search. I get involved in the site that I have successfully found. Randomly, Firefox simply logs me out of all tabs and asks if I want to get a weather report. I have figured out how to delete the add on weather app that I never asked for in the first place, but problem still persists.

Asked by JanJaw1203 1 year ago

Last reply by FredMcD 1 year ago