So, for some reason today, Firefox keeps minimizing whenever I click on it. I click on the Firefox logo in my doc, I see the browser for a second, then POOF a second late… (read more)
So, for some reason today, Firefox keeps minimizing whenever I click on it. I click on the Firefox logo in my doc, I see the browser for a second, then POOF a second later it minimizes. It's odd because the app seems to be working fine. In the split second that the browser was on my screen, I'm able to type a single letter, and all button functionality works. I even got it to go into safe mode, but the problem still persisted.
This is only Firefox-specific. Not having problems with Chrome or Safari, but Firefox is my browser of choice, so it's kind of annoying.
But for more details and troubleshooting,
- I'm running on a 13inch Macbook x86 on BigSur, so not the newer M1 Mac.
- I've turned off and restarted my Mac Book.
- I've uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox
- I've used AppCleaner to get rid of all leftover files and then reinstalled
- I've forced quit the app many times
- I've tried the private browser and still nothing
- My Mac is up to date and charged
- I've run Malwarebytes to look for viruses
- Firefox works on my IPad, so it's not an account issue
None of these attempted solutions worked.
Also, I can't reset Firefox or provide any troubleshooting information because the browser closes too fast before I can do anything.
Here's a video showing the problem: