I have the same problem with Firefox 8 and Firefox 9. I initially installed v9 yesterday and when I saw this problem, I removed it and installed v8. But it did not go awa… (read more)
I have the same problem with Firefox 8 and Firefox 9. I initially installed v9 yesterday and when I saw this problem, I removed it and installed v8. But it did not go away.
Let me put additional informations on this:
- this is not about a missing image. This is about one additional black box area appearing on top of the normal Firefox window. This area is not supposed to be there.
- a black box area sometimes appears on top of a Firefox Menu when it is first displayed and I have to move my mouse over it to refresh the sections my mouse goes over
- a black box area sometimes appears after a Firefox menu has diseapeared and that box occupies the same area and same size as the menu that was there
- a black box area sometimes appears at the bottom left side of the Firefox window (same area where the status is displayed but covering a bigger area) when my mouse hovers an HTML link, buttons, .... any HTML part that sends you else where or makes a window/popup appear
- the black box area is the equivalent of having an image displayed on the screen but that image is actually a random memory address, therefore you see dots and lines just like you have a corrupted image.
- I installed the latest version of Flash just now and it is still happening. Less often but still happening.
Because this looks like displaying corrupted memory informations, I am now thinking that maybe my Firefox will not be stable and crash. I am now thinking to go back to v3.6 if this is not fixed soon.
How can this be still going on as a problem since version 8 and not be addressed officially with a fix ?
My PC configuration : AMD Athlon XP+ 3000, 3Gb Memory, 2 HD where the OS is on one HD and all temp folders are on the other one, Windows XP SP3, ATI HD4650 graphic card, DirextX 9.0c, Motherboard MSI-6712, current resolution used 1024x768x32