In the age of COVID and a switch to more remote work the dependency on online meetings has increased. The company I work for uses Google Apps for Business and has been us… (read more)
In the age of COVID and a switch to more remote work the dependency on online meetings has increased. The company I work for uses Google Apps for Business and has been using Google Meet for a long time, and I've never had any problems with it not working. Recently though, when I join a meeting using Firefox, nobody can hear me and it appears Firefox is not able to access my microphone. Here's what I've done to test:
1. Reviewed Windows 10 settings to make sure microphone input slider is up.
2. Checked other browsers, running Google Meet using Chrome works fine. (Note: everything was working before and I attempted to use Chrome to try out changing backgrounds. It seems like this is when my problems with Firefox began)
3. I've tested my microphone using https://www.onlinemictest.com/ initially it didn't appear to work, but if I tap on my laptop screen near the microphone I see lines showing activity, but it won't pick up voice. Using this same tool in Chrome works as expected.
4. I tested using Private Mode - Same results.
5. I tried clearing the startup cache - same results.
6. I tried using Safe Mode - same results.
7. Refreshed Firefox (using Troubleshooting Information screen (Refresh Firefox...)
I'm at the end of my rope trying to figure out what's going on, and why it only appears to be Firefox that's having a problem. Other apps like Zoom, and recording video using just the webcam on the computer also works fine.
Any help in getting this figured out would be appreciated. I try not to use Chrome if I don't have to, but switching to Chrome so I can join web meetings is a real pain.