I am in the process of migrating over to Firefox from Chrome. But seem to have issues with Bookmarks (Not importing them, but just the simple action of adding a new book… (read more)
I am in the process of migrating over to Firefox from Chrome. But seem to have issues with Bookmarks (Not importing them, but just the simple action of adding a new bookmark and saving them to whatever folder I want to organize it into).. When I go to add a new Bookmark (clicking the Star Icon in the Address Bar), and I go to click the dropdown to choose a folder to where I want it saved, it always reverts back when I choose another folder.
1. Go to website
2. Click the Star Icon to add bookmark
3. The folder option is usually set to the most recent folder a Bookmark was previously added to.
4. Click the Folder dropdown (NOT the icon that shows all folders, but the actual dropdown) and select a new folder
5. As soon as I select a new folder (doesn't matter where), it reverts back to the folder it was set to (in Step 3).
The behavior seems to add the Bookmark to the location, but then does a "CTL+Z" (Undo so to speak), as seen when I try to add the new Bookmark to the Bookmarks Toolbar, I see it there for half a second before it reverts.
The only way for me to move the location of the bookmark where I want it saved is to:
1. Hit the button next to the Folders dropdown to Show All Bookmarks Folders and select the folder
2. In the Folders dropdown, select "Choose..." which does Step 1 in showing all the bookmarks folders.
If I restart Firefox, it will work, for the FIRST Bookmark I add. I can use the dropdown to save the Bookmark to whatever folder I choose. But any new bookmark after that, reverts to the problem behavior again.
I have tried to do a clean Install of Firefox (Uninstall Firefox, then Delete %AppData%/Roaming.Mozilla/Firefox and %AppData%/Local/Mozilla/Firefox folders respectively)
I have also disabled all extensions, and the behavior still persists (For reference I have the following extensions installed: 1Password, Alternate Player for Twitch, Clippings, Facebook Container, NoScript and uBlock Origin).
Not sure what other steps I can take?
(Is there a way for me to create a gif showing this behavior?)