using Firefox for years mostly problem free until installation of August 2019 Patch Tuesday. 3 computers using Firefox 68.0.1 (and 1 using 68.0.2) On Patch Tuesday 1 com…
using Firefox for years mostly problem free until installation of August 2019 Patch Tuesday.
3 computers using Firefox 68.0.1 (and 1 using 68.0.2) On Patch Tuesday 1 computer running 64 bit Win10 Home ver 1809 still copacetic. Both computers running 64 bit Win 10 ver 1903 (one Pro and one Home) now experiencing total White Screen of Death when attempting to open Firefox.
In Safe Mode just the home page splash screen displays. The Firefox support page has some functioning, but not any of the web sites I usually connect to. Security settings similar for Sophos Anti-Virus , Zone Alarm Firewall, Malwarebytes Anti-malware. Again Prior to Patch Tuesday no issues at all with Firefox.
All three computers using essentially same firewall/Anti-virus, etc. All three still have internet access, but 2 have no browser access, but Thunderbird e-mail client works- just no browser access.
Other than ver 1809 "working" and both ver 1903 with no browser functionality, the only significant difference may be that the manufacturer may be blocking some or all of the August Patch Tuesday on the computer which still has browser access.
Normally "just uninstall the August Patch Tuesday files" would be efficacious- however I have information covered under strict disclosure regulations resident on the systems. And the issue would still be unresolved. It might be obvious but to confirm, this post coming from the one computer with a functioning Firefox browser installation.
Thanks for any insights any of you have! Long time computer user, but not software engineer savvy. [have adjusted registry settings a few times with detailed instructions]
Installed lockwise on ios12, the app is enabled for password auto-fill. Routinely (i.e. > 70%) a 1. website prompts for a password - check 2. i highlight either usern…
Installed lockwise on ios12, the app is enabled for password auto-fill. Routinely (i.e. > 70%) a 1. website prompts for a password - check 2. i highlight either username or password textbox, and get ios prompting to fill from lockwise (check) 3. I select username to leverage from lockwise : no fill 4. i switch from password to username textboxes on the login page. One of the three events occurs: a) nothing b) face auth from lockwise but no password fill c) face auth from lockwise and password fill
Is there a known bug ? Integration with browser and 'think' apps has the same behavior. It is almost as if IOS doesnt switch to lockwise process... sometimes.
I've lost my bookmarks and get warnings of "Firefox not responding" and "scripts running"; have tried everything in Firefox Help; any suggestions?
First, I lost all my current bookmarks, including bookmarks toolbar. Attempting to restore or import bookmarks results in "Firefox not responding" and/or warning message …
First, I lost all my current bookmarks, including bookmarks toolbar. Attempting to restore or import bookmarks results in "Firefox not responding" and/or warning message "Script running - continue/end script", either of which results in "Firefox not responding" and Firefox hangs up. I have tried every suggestion under Firefox Help, including: startup with add-ons disabled and removed, Profile fixes, uninstall/reinstall Firefox, Refresh Firefox, and lots more. Security scans show no viruses or malware. Any ideas as to what I do next. Thanks.
I have gigabit internet. I routinely get speeds 4-8x slower when uploading through firefox than through chrome or ms edge. A 710MB test file will take 21 sec to upload on…
I have gigabit internet. I routinely get speeds 4-8x slower when uploading through firefox than through chrome or ms edge. A 710MB test file will take 21 sec to upload on Chrome, and 21 sec to upload on MS Edge, but 1:34 sec on firefox to google drive.
I have done similar tests uploading the same file to youtube, vimeo and running the backblaze bandwidth test, as well as speedof.me. They all show firefox trailing behind by the same margins.
Where I seem to see no difference however, is the Ookla speed test as in that case firefox tests about as high as chrome.
I've tried reinstalling, safe mode and refresh. No extensions are on and I only run windows defender on Windows 10 (up to date updates).
I spent the end of the afternoon calling my ISP thinking they were throttling traffic only to realize it's only firefox. Attaching a screen shot of Backblaze Bandwidth test and speedof.me that I happen to test in two different browsers when I first noticed the discrepancy. I seem to be pegged to the 65Megabit limit in my practical upload tests to youtube, google drive, and vimeo.
In troubleshooting process I had also tried reinstalling network card drivers and disabling IPv4 and 6 offloading tasks - this made no difference.
I really want to keep using FF, but don't want to have to switch to a diff browser just to upload files.
Thanks for the help!