outlook in mozilla does not have the yellow highlighter tool that is in outlook with IE
the highlighter tool is missing on outlook opened with mozilla but it is there when opened with IE
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Skype Web Plugin
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- NPAPI Extension for Firefox
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.2
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
Outlook with Mozilla? Are you referring to www.outlook.com?
You can try these steps in case of issues with web pages:
You can reload web page(s) and bypass the cache to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files.
- Hold down the Shift key and left-click the Reload button
- Press "Ctrl + F5" or press "Ctrl + Shift + R" (Windows,Linux)
- Press "Command + Shift + R" (Mac)
Clear the cache and cookies only from websites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- > Options/Preferences> Advanced > Network > Cached Web Content: "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- > Options/Preferences > Privacy > "Use custom settings for history" > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
thanks but the problem is still there, the highlighter tool is very useful to for instance highlight an incorrect word in a reply, just like with a marker pen, this is to the right of the A and to the left of the bullets tool on outlook when opened with IE, but not when opened in Mozilla.
Unfortunately, I don't know what you are seeing. Can you take screenshots following instructions below of both IE and Firefox doing this?
Can you give me a screenshot so I know what you're seeing? Please see How do I create a screenshot of my problem? to create a screenshot
Once you've done this, attach the saved screenshot file to your forum post by clicking the Browse... button below the Post your reply box. This will help us to visualize the problem.
the browser from IE has a highlighter tool inbetween the A and the bullet tool. but not when opened in Mozilla, I use this to highlight incorrect words when replying, if you try replying to an email and look to the right of the underlined A before the bullet tool there is a highlighter tool which mimics a yellow highlighter pen, but this is not there in Mozilla.
Removed big chunk of empty space to prevent scrolling
Modified by Moses
Huh!! That's new.
Mine does the same thing. I've never noticed this before. You may want to file a bug at Bugzilla to see if there's any thing to do about that.
I use this to highlight incorrect words when replying,
So it's like spellcheck, basically? You can use F7
Let's let someone else comment and see what they think. I've escalated to the professional full-time SUMO HelpDesk team to see if they can give us any additional information. Please wait 24-72 hours for a response :)
Feel free to file a bug at bugzilla.mozilla.org.
Modified by Moses