why won't firefox allow saving targets in a mep4 from a website?
websites will allow viewer to download items in mep4 or flv format but when it's clicked firefox can not find it. if you right click and try to "save target as" firefox saves it as a "HTML" document.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.55.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Sony SOME
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 184.108.40.2060
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:29.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/29.0
Please don't try to save by right click. Click ont he link and the download will start automatically. For more information, please see this article Applications panel - Set how Firefox handles different types of files
thanks, but I mentioned in my post that if you click on the links firefox can't find find them.
Can you please let us know the link where it is happening? So we can figure out what is happening there!
Do you get an HTML file in such a case or is it an mp4 file with the wrong file extension?
Did you manually try to give the file the mp.4 file extension?
Can you post a link to a publicly accessible page (i.e. no authentication or signing on required)?
Note that is Firefox this item is labeled as "Save Link As..."