When I open a new tab Bing is the browser on the page...I have a Mac not a PC. How can I get rid of this?
I have deleted Bing as an optional browser but it still opens when I open a new tab
Additional System Details
- Provides information about the default web browser
- Shockwave Flash 13.0 r0
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- Simple plug-in that handles Citrix connection files
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
hello, please install the search reset addon - it will revert the most common customizations some adware programs do in firefox back to the default: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/searchreset/
This did not work and Bing is still the browser in a new tab.
could you enter about:support into the adddress bar, copy the contents of that page and paste them here into a reply on the forum? this might give us a clue what is going on...