I used to have 9 of my favourite sites on new tab where did that go?
I don't know what I did, but my new tab page that held 9 of my favourite sites disappeared and I don't know how to get it back. I don't know what it was called but I would really like to have it back. I won't know how to find the answer to this question so I really hope the answer is emailed to me. Thanks for a great product, I just am not well versed in using all its features. Flo
could you go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information, copy the contents of that page and paste them here into a reply on the forum? this might give us a clue what is going on...Read this answer in context 0
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Firefox automatically creates backups of your bookmarks, which can be helpful if your bookmarks are lost or missing. To recover them, follow the instructions below.
- Use one of these methods to open the Bookmarks Library window:
- Click the Firefox button to open the menu and click on Bookmarks.
- Click the Bookmarks menu and click on Show All Bookmarks.
- At the top of the Library window, click the "Import and Backup" menu and select Restore.
- Click the date of the bookmark backup you want to recover.
- In the new window that appears, click OK.
- Your bookmarks from the selected date should now be restored.
For more information, see the Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer article. For other solutions, see the Recover lost or missing Bookmarks article.
Did this fix your problems? Please report back to us!
I can access my favourites as you describe, but I am looking for the New Tab page that had 9 clickable . . . I guess icons . . . that gave access directly to the site I wanted. IE: there was one for Facebook. The icons could be pinned to the spot or moved around the page. I know I'm not describing it well and that is frustrating. I would really like to have this New Tab page back. Thanks for any help. Flo
could you go to firefox > help > troubleshooting information, copy the contents of that page and paste them here into a reply on the forum? this might give us a clue what is going on...
I went to troubleshooting and refreshed Firefox [which I think is what I did to start with] and my New Tab page is back with the links as described. So glad it fixed itself because I had no clue how to fix it otherwise. Thanks to Debapriya and philipp for trying to help. I still don't know how to get the page or where it came from in the first place, but I really like having it. Cheers all, Flo