adobe flash player 188.8.131.52 stop working any live-streams channels on youtube. other videos from there are ok.
after updating adobe flash player to 184.108.40.206 version any live-streams channels on youtube suddenly stopped working. other videos from youtube are playing fine. i tried to deinstall and reinstalled flash player 3 times from newest version to previous and back, reset flash player's cache, reset mozilla to default settings. still doesn't work. i know that there is a problem with mac users but my operation system is Win 7
today i uploaded newest version of flash player 220.127.116.11 and all works again... so problem was in adobe only.. problem solvedRead this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Google Update
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Plugin for Wacom tablets.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Wacom Dynamic Link Library
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Some problems with Flash video playback can be resolved by disabling hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings. (See this article for more information on using the Flash plugin in Firefox).
To disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player:
- Go to this Adobe Flash Player Help page.
- Right-click on the Flash Player logo on that page.
- Click on Settings in the context menu. The Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open.
- Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.
- Remove the check mark from Enable hardware acceleration.
- Click Close to close the Adobe Flash Player Settings Window.
- Restart Firefox.
This Flash Player Help - Display Settings page has more information on Flash Player hardware acceleration, if you're interested.
Does this solve the problem? Let us know.
Hi! i did what you recommended.. unfortunately it doesn't help.
Modified by nate_river
Instead of using flash for Youtube have you considered HTML5 especially when using a Mac.
The YouTube Opt-in HTML5 Page https://www.youtube.com/html5
Check your plugins are uptodate!
Type about:addons in URL and Goto Plugins
- Check all the plugins are "Always Active"
Somewhere on the page right click, go to view page info > permissions and make sure that adobe flash content is allowed to play on that domain.
i switched to html5.. nothing and i said i don't use mac. i use win 7
i checked - all my plugins have current versions. and i guess i have to repeat, that i CAN watch video from youtube and use flash player. but after updating abode flash player to newest version i can't watch youtube live-stream channels which broadcasting LIVE. all these channels stop working, meanwhile i can use other non-live channels.
all channels actually work when i run Chome. but i don't want to use it. i want to use firefox.. other suggestions?
still nothing.. does anyone fix this?
Crashes or other problems with certain multimedia content in Firefox (such as Youtube videos and Flash animations or games) can often be resolved by performing the steps in these Knowledge Base articles:
On Windows Vista and above, you can disable Flash protected mode by following the instructions on these pages:
(See this Adobe blog post for technical details about Flash protected mode.)
Please tell us if this helped!
today i uploaded newest version of flash player 18.104.22.168 and all works again... so problem was in adobe only.. problem solved
Modified by nate_river
I tried download latest flash and latest firefox.it didnt help. disabling hardware acceleration also.
everytime I install adobe flash player, I would receive endless warning message about adobe flash player stopped working. I chose close the program and the message quickly appear again, made me cannot use my browser and the only solution is uninstall that adobe flash player.
without adobe, I cant open youtube or other video link
help me please
Please use "ask a new question" here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new
Then provide the requested Troubleshooting Information.
I'm going to close this solved thread which was opened 5 months ago about a different version of Flash and different versions of Firefox.