This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Firefox crashes every time I open it
When I first install Firefox it works perfectly fine. That is, until I close it for the first time after it is opened automatically after the install. After that first "close" it no longer runs properly, it will open to the mozilla start screen and then freeze and crash if I try to go to any website.
Running as administrator seems to work, but when I do that I am unable to scroll with my mouse's scroll wheel for some reason.
Starting in safe mode does nothing, and as I've said, reinstalling will only make firefox work until I close it for that first time. Obviously I could just opt to never close firefox, but I would like to be able to restart my computer and not have to reinstall firefox every time I do so.
All Replies (1)
It is probably best not to run Firefox as an administrator, and I am not sure why it should work then but not otherwise.
- What do you mean exactly by freeze and crash ?
- If you have a Firefox crash and submit a crash report please paste a couple of CrashIDs into your next post.
- Navigate to about:crashes look for crash ids starting with bp-
When reinstalling do a clean reinstall and delete the Firefox program files. (NOT the profile files)
- see Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems_5-reinstall-firefox
Please post back with how you get on.
We're sorry to hear that Firefox is crashing. In order to assist you better, please follow the steps below to provide us crash IDs to help us learn more about your crash.
- Enter about:crashes in the Firefox address bar and press Enter. A Submitted Crash Reports list will appear, similar to the one shown below.
- Copy the 5 most recent Report IDs that start with bp- and paste them into your response here.
Thank you for your help!
More information and further troubleshooting steps can be found in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.