how can I get into the settings so I can remove "Bing" from the tool bar?
we started using firefox because of conficts with other sites but now Bing has put itself on the toolbar and is causing the same broblems. so I need to get into settings so I can remove it, Please??????
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
Start Firefox in Safe Mode to check if one of the extensions (Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) or if hardware acceleration is causing the problem (switch to the DEFAULT theme: Firefox/Tools > Add-ons > Appearance).
- Do NOT click the Reset button on the Safe Mode start window.
You can open the about:config page via the location bar and search for prefs that refer to the bing website and reset related user set (bold) prefs via the right-click context menu to the default value.
If you do not keep changes after a restart or otherwise have problems with preferences, see:
Do a malware check with several malware scanning programs on the Windows computer.
Please scan with all programs because each program detects different malware.
All these programs have free versions.
Make sure that you update each program to get the latest version of their databases before doing a scan.
- Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware:
- Microsoft Safety Scanner:
- Windows Defender:
- Spybot Search & Destroy:
- Kasperky Free Security Scan:
You can also do a check for a rootkit infection with TDSSKiller.
- Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller:
- "Spyware on Windows": http://kb.mozillazine.org/Popups_not_blocked