Expressing my freedom of speech, I disapprve of same-sex marriage. Should I stop using a company that doesn't allow its executives to express their views?
I certainly do not believe in discriminating anybody. Anybody, whatever their views. I would strongly object to a homosexual being discriminated against as a person. However, I do not believe that this small section of society needs particular protection - indeed their views and wants are more than just taken into consideration. They become part of the defining stance of political correctness and woe to anyone who dares have a different view. People with Jewish, Christian or Islamic principles are literally spat upon. Doesn't speak well of the 'tolerance' of people of different opinions. My view, which I believe I am entitled to, is that homosexuality should certainly be allowed and not homosexuals should not be discriminated against. However, it is an abnormal, hedonistic activity and hardly to be praised or set out top be the same as a normal relationship. That is my view. It was also the view of your brave co-founder who has been hounded out for his opinions - in the 21st century. Therefore, having such unacceptable views, should I and the other 2 billion Jews, Christians and Muslims be required to stop using your organisation?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Media Go Detector Plug-in
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
See this blog post by Mitchell Baker:
Thank you, but this reply just exemplifies the problem.
Discussion about Brendan Eich, who has recently resigned as Mozilla CEO, is actually off-topic for the Mozilla support forum. See Forum rules and guidelines:
* Posts in the Mozilla support forum must be either questions about the use of Firefox, Firefox for Android, Firefox OS, Thunderbird, Webmaker or answers to those questions. Users who post about things other than Mozilla support will be directed to an alternative discussion place (ex: mozillaZine) if appropriate.
The mozilla.governance forum would be a better place for any further discussion about this topic. The Google Groups link is https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/mozilla.governance