Firefox can't find my location
Firefox recently updated itself to the newest version. I don't know which version that was because I already uninstalled it and installed an older version, which does not have the problem the new version has. And that problem is that Firefox no longer can determine my location. A weather site and a hotel that wanted to obtain my location were not able to with the new version of FF.
These sites work on IE and they work with my now-installed older version. There used to be a small popup that would ask if it was ok if Firefox shared my location, but this popup no longer appears. Believe me I tried a great many things to fix it, all of which did not work. But installing an older version works just great. Anybody else having this problem? Any fixes?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.25.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.03
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.199
- Nitro PDF plugin for Firefox and Chrome
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.525
- Intel WebAPI Updater - Installs and updates Intel WebAPIs
- Inte IPT Web API
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:12.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/12.0
Still happily geolocating with FF 24.0, not 28.0.