Cannot delete History and Top Sites
Followed procedures for removing history and Top sites. Fails successfully. I spent 30 mins removing 5 months of history one link at a time. That is not a solution, I can't even call that a valid work-around. Found thread stating I should disable an option in Developer tools. The only option in developer tools is "Remote Debugging".
Both options should be called: "Personal link tracker" Top sites and History are keeping every page including useless endeavors such as package tracking pages that are only valid for a week at best. It could even be called something like the ADD options. If I didn't return to the page in 2 or 3 days, good chance I'm not going to. If I really like it. I can bookmark it.
An acceptable solution might be.
Add more options for history that actually work such as just turning it off. I don't use, want, or need it. I actually view link tracking as personal information.
Add an option for a blank page as the home page. The method use to determine Top sites doesn't appear to be very useful for a person that doesn't visit a page more than once. Usually they were dynamically generated so are different upon returning or totally invalid as most of mine were. I care about the last maybe 5 days. After that I couldn't care less. So an option to set a time frame they should be kept could be useful.
Another solution like developers tools configuration is not quite a solution. I wouldn't think your user base is primarily developers. Maybe I'm wrong, but those options seem to be available for the majority of desktop brower editions. Why wouldn't they be useful on mobile that has less resources for storage space and memory?
Samsung Galaxy Mega. Firefox v27.0 Updated to latest packages.
Additional System Details
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; InfoPath.3; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
You can clear your recent data, this action clear all history and top sites:
If you dont want the Firefox remember your hstory you can use a Private Browsing:
I saw that you have suggestion, use the input
Sorry, but still is possible change the Home page.
If your history is not being cleared by:
1. Firefox Settings | Privacy | Clear Private Data (after checking everything you want to clear"' (is this what you did when you refer to "procedures for removing history and Top sites."? it's always helpful to explain exactly what you did so we can help you better; if that's not what you tried please reply with your exact procedure)
and you have
2. "Don't keep activities" unchecked in: Android Settings | Developer options (which I believe is an Android bug not a Firefox bug) ; is this what you mean by "I should disable an option in Developer tools"?
then you there is a bug in Firefox 27.
3. I doubt that there is a bug in Firefox 27 because I I tried clearing history on all of my handsets (Google Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Note 3) on Firefox for Android 27 and it worked fine (except for a bug related to pinning sites )
4. However feel free to file a bug or a I will file a bug for you if that is what you observed:
5. Finally Firefox 29 which will be released on April 29 will have a feature to disable the display of Top Sites.
Thank you Roland...
Remove check next to 'Don't keep activities'
2) "Don't keep activities" unchecked in: Android Settings | Developer options (which I believe is an Android bug not a Firefox bug) ;
This setting was checked in Android from the beginning. It took a minute to translate "UN" to mean not checked. For some reason I was reading the post as it "should be checked." That's what happens in a frustrated hurry. Once it was unchecked. History and top sites do clear. I haven't tried "pinning" a site so I couldn't answer if that works or not.
5. Finally Firefox 29 which will be released on April 29 will have a feature to disable the display of Top Sites. ::Fantastic:: ________________________________________________________________________ Thank you Diego...
I will try Private Browsing...Is there a way I can make that the default action? I don't seem to see that as an option. I'll keep looking, I need to find a way for it to always request the desktop page by default as well.
Thank you both again...