How can I delete multiple folders all at once from the left pan in library?
I have multiple repeated bookmark folders. I want to be able to delete them all without having to open each one in library and delete the contents.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Provides information about the default web browser
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Version 126.96.36.19933
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- DivX Web Player version 188.8.131.52
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 12.0.7
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Unity Web Player version 4.2.1f4. (c) 2013 Unity Technologies ApS. All rights reserved.
- Conduit Plugin 1_0_0
- Install Detector for BlueStacks App Player
- LogMeIn remote control components
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- doubleTwist Web Plugin
- Office Live Update v1.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.9; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0
You can use addons to delete duplicated bookmarks:
I do not use a Mac. The keyboard shortcuts may differ but the actions are I expect the same. Select a folder in the left hand pane of the library, right click and use the delete option.
If they are indvidual bookmarks rather than total content note that control clicking &/or shift clicking may be used to select multiple bookmarks that may then all be deleted together.
I have not tried deleting multiple folders, it may be possible, but it may be best especially if there is a lot of content to in each folder to delete a folder at a time.
It is good practice to backup bookmarks manually and I suggest before and after doing any deletions would be a good time to ensure you have backups made.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.
You can't remove multiple folders in the left pane in the Library.
You need to select the parent folder in the left pane and select multiple folders in the right pane to remove multiple folders at once.