Firefox 27 crashes a lot
I updated to FireFox 27.01 about a week ago and have several crashes a day. I watch a lot of streaming on Twitch.tv and other sites. I run almost no add-ons and have updated both my Java and Flash. I have tried resetting my FireFox but it did nothing. I also ran it in SafeMode and it still crashes. Below are my recent crash reports. I hope someone can help. i have always preferred Firefox but this constant crashing is really disrupting my productivity. The browser will just shut down and I'll get that box saying it will attempt to open my tabs again and I have the option of submitting the record. Any help?
bp-bddc91f7-2ced-4a82-8e7b-924f12140301 bp-76df4fb0-5e9b-4fdb-85aa-50f4b2140301 bp-2175bf7c-002e-47d5-a6c6-cfdfd2140228 bp-9cc26c4d-e669-4ff5-86db-065032140228 bp-08e97def-35c3-4dc3-b0c5-4d1e32140228
Modified by cor-el
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.6
- SumatraPDF Browser Plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Looks like an issue caused by videos that have one mono channel.
- bug 970147 - Crash due to fatal assert in WASAPI: handle_channel_layout asserts with "Format not supported, and no suggestion from WASAPI."
Any luck with setting the media.windows-media-foundation.enabled pref to false on the about:config page?
Thanks for replying core-el. I read some of the comments on that link you sent and I indeed have found that when my Sound Blaster sound card has the "Disable Sound Blaster Enhancements" unchecked that I crash on the videos that were listed as causing crashes. When I checked the Disable box then I no longer crashed on those sites. It's obviously a bug. I'm just bothered that I wasn't having this problem with previous versions...only when I updated to FireFox 27.01.
I'm happy to know what it is but not happy I have to disable a bunch of features in my sound card just to use Fire Fox. I hope they fix this or look into it.
The milestone (target) is for the bug to be fixed by Firefox 30.