Hello, I renewed my online banking cerificate and I want to replace the old one.
When I'm trying to import the new one it sais that this certificate has already been installed. Should I delete and distrust the old one? Will it let me to add the new certificate after that?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Google Update
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.51.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.3
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
You will have to remove an older certificate if you want to install a new version of the same certificate or if you otherwise have issues with the currently installed certificate.
You may have to close and restart Firefox after deleting the certificate in the Certificate Manager.
Yes, but when I mark the certificate and click on delete and distrust I get the message asking if I want to do it and it sais. If press ok, will it let me add the new one after that?
If Firefox states that the certificate is already installed then it shouldn't be a problem to remove the certificate and close and restart Firefox to be sure and install then new certificate.
Is this a certificate that needs to have trust bits set or does it chain to a built-in root certificate?