Can I delete older versions of Firefox?
I have the latest version of Firefox. Can I delete the older versions?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Google Update
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.52
- npsitesafety (Official)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.0
- LastPass Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer 184.108.40.206
- Winamp Application Detector
- Foxit Reader Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Amazon MP3 Downloader Plugin 1.0.17
- NDS Player Plugin
- Logitech Device Detection
- A component of your photo software powered by RocketLife
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Logitech Harmony Remote Plugin
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Are you talking about older Firefox versions that appear in the Windows Control Panel > Programs?
If there are multiple versions of Firefox in "Control Panel > Programs" present then it is likely that you only see orphaned Firefox entries from older versions and that only the current release is really installed.
This can happen if the Firefox updater didn't remove the entry of the previous version, but merely added an entry for the new version.
If you uninstall such older versions that are actually no longer present then you will likely uninstall the current Firefox version and you will have to reinstall Firefox.
If you are comfortable with the registry editor then you can remove Mozilla Firefox entries that no longer apply in the Uninstall registry key.
If you have a 64 bit Windows version then inspect this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Mozilla Firefox (????)