how to enable the default pdf viewer of firefox after installing acrobat 11?
I installed acrobat 11, and i dont like its pdf viewer add-on, so i want to switch back to firefox's default pdf viewe, but i cant change the action in the application option to preview in firefox. i also tried disabling the acrobat plugin.
Firefox 27, windows 8.1,
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Unity Player 4.3.1f1
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft Lync
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The plugin allows you to have a better experience with Microsoft SharePoint
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Try make the change in safe mode, then try set the PDF viewer as default:
See this help articles:
thanks, for the reply, but it still wont open using the default firefox pdf viewer, do you know any ways how to re-enable it.
You can change the action for Portable Document Format (PDF) tom "Preview in Firefox" in "Firefox > Options/Preferences > Applications".
Set the pdfjs.disabled pref to false on the about:config page to enable the build-in PDF viewer.
The latest stable version of the built-in PDF viewer is available as an extension and this version can possibly perform better than the version shipped with the current Firefox release.
The latest stable version of the PDF Viewer (pdfjs) extension:
- PDF Viewer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/pdfjs/
Latest development version of the PDF Viewer (pdfjs) extension:
Modified by cor-el
thanks for the help.