New Tab Page – Mine is just gone it has been replaced with Avast search and I have all my top sites pinned and I would really like to have them back
New Tab Page – show, hide and customize top sites......
I started my Firefox yesterday hit the + for new tab and all my pinned pages are gone and been replaced with avast search page. how do I get this restored
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- npsitesafety (Official)
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.9
- Citrix Online App Detector Plugin
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.4.1 for Mozilla browsers
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.0.0
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.524
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
First try restore your new tab, go to about:config search for browser.newtab.url change its value to about:newtab, then restart firefox, verify if your new tab page return to default.
Modified by Diego Victor
Avast search page still comes up when you hit +New tab
I am sorry it is AVG search page
In safe mode the page also appears?
yes AVG is still there
Try use this addon to reset the search page:
ok I have it back now... But all the sites I had pinned are gone. Is there any way to restore them?
Did you set Firefox to remember the history?
Try restore your last session:
Or try go to your profile backup it and create a new one then restore the data profile:
On about:config window, how do I change the value to about:newtab?
Modified by Lynnanne