How do I stay logged in to my Google acount?
I want to stay logged in to my Google account permanently. My personal computer is remembering the username and password but I would prefer to not have to re-enter it every time. This non-remembering only became an issue when I added the PrivacyChoice Tracker Blocker add-on. I have since removed it. I also changed my Firefox Tools/Options/Privacy back to Remember History from Custom History (where I had exceptions for cookies). I have also cleared all cookies and cache. I have no issues staying logged into yahoo and social media sites - it's just Google. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Google Update
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.1.7
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 126.96.36.1999
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
I think it is because of the tracking of "Google Analytics"
Details like websites remembering you (log you in automatically) are stored in a cookie.
- Create a cookie 'allow' exception to keep such cookies, especially in case of secure websites and when cookies expire when Firefox is closed.
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: Exceptions
In case you are using "Clear history when Firefox closes":
- do not clear the Cookies
- do not clear the Site Preferences
- Tools > Options > Privacy > Firefox will: "Use custom settings for history": [X] "Clear history when Firefox closes" > Settings
Note that clearing "Site Preferences" clears all exceptions for cookies, images, pop-up windows, software installation, passwords, and other website specific data.
Clearing cookies will remove all specified (selected) cookies including cookies with an allow exception that you would like to keep.
It isn't because of Google analyitcs. This occurred after I made changes to my settings and I can't set it back.
This is not applicable as I stated in my original comment that under Tools > Options > Privacy > History I have changed my setting BACK to Remember History and that selection states “Firefox will remember your browsing history, download, form and search history, and keep cookies from websites you visit”.