This thread was archived. Please ask a new question if you need help.
Flash player keeps crashing
Mozilla was working fine at about 12pm yesterday February 5th. A couple hours later the flash player began crashing. According to Mozilla my software is up to date. Mozilla itself and flash player. I'm getting really annoyed by this issue.
All Replies (3)
Hello viktor23, please try the next steps and check if the issue persist.
Try disabling graphics hardware acceleration. You might need to restart Firefox in order for this to take effect, so save all work first (e.g., mail you are composing, online documents you're editing, etc.).
Then perform these steps:
- Click the orange Firefox button at the top left, then select the "Options" button, or, if there is no Firefox button at the top, go to Tools > Options.
- In the Firefox options window click the Advanced tab, then select "General".
- In the settings list, you should find the Use hardware acceleration when available checkbox. Uncheck this checkbox.
- Now, restart Firefox and see if the problems persist.
also, disable hardware acceleration in your Flash Player settings. (See this article for more information on using the Flash plugin in Firefox).
To disable hardware acceleration in Flash Player:
- Go to this Adobe Flash Player Help page.
- Right-click on the Flash Player logo on that page.
- Click on Settings in the context menu. The Adobe Flash Player Settings screen will open.
- Click on the icon at the bottom-left of the Adobe Flash Player Settings window to open the Display panel.
- Remove the check mark from Enable hardware acceleration.
- Click Close to close the Adobe Flash Player Settings Window.
- Restart Firefox.
This Flash Player Help - Display Settings page has more information on Flash Player hardware acceleration, if you're interested.
and finally, disable Flash protected mode by following the instructions on these pages:
(See this Adobe blog post for technical details about Flash protected mode.)
Please tell us if this helped!
Thanks for the advice but I still can't get videos to work. Has there been an update or something to that effect recently? Firefox was working fine and only hours later I started having issues.
I've used it in safe mode, installed Firefox+Flash again and still nothing.
Why dont mozilla just admit that most plugins are running behind coz of all your fast updates??? I've been having issues with just about everything since the weekly/monthly FF updates. Spend hours trying to fix a setting, 2 weeks later my work was in vain coz u updated again and changed things and made em useless. I'm sure once someone fixed the flash crash, you will update FF and we can start from scratch trying to figure out how NOT to have flash crash!