Certain keyboard shortcuts not working in FF27
After the updating to the latest version (FF27), Firefox is not responding to certain keyboard shortcuts. For example, ctr+shift+T is not working (ctr+T is working fine). Apart from this ctrl+<number> is not taking me to respective tabs. I tried re-installing FF; but this didnt help. (Though didnt complete delete the data - the personalized data and firefox folder in C drive were still there).
PS - I have tab-mix-plus addon.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Google Update
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.29
- Version 18.104.22.16810
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- PDF-XChange Viewer Netscape Gecko Plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_35 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- WordCaptureX: extract text from Chrome browser
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:27.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/27.0
Try start in Safe Mode, and test the shortcuts:
Case the problem continue try reset Firefox:
I did what you mentioned! In safe mode, everything worked fine. So thought the problem might be because of tab-mix-plus. So I removed it; and everything worked fine. But after installing that addon again, the problem came back.
I even tried playing around with browser.sessionstore.max_tabs_undo. Its value is still 10.
So anyother suggestion/advice apart from the obvious solution of doing away with tab-mix-plus?
Try get other similar addon:
Its a big problem when add-ons take over a short cut that is already in use and has no option to change it. In the Mozilla Add-ons Web Page, I found an add-on called Customizable Shortcuts. While it can't change the add-ons short cut, it can change the normal FF hot keys. Give it a look.
You might want to consult the TabMix Plus forum for help.
Thanks all! Went to tabMixPlus forum. Others had posted the same problem. The team has released a new build. Probably that will work.