my bookmarks tool bar will not take me to website
I have many items on my bookmark tool bar. All of a sudden, they do not take me to the web address they used to. I have made no change to my options and cannot figure out why this is no longer working. When I mouse over the bookmark, it tells me in the lower left screen the web site assigned to the bookmark
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.05
- Shockwave Flash 11.7 r700
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Activation Technologies Plugin for Mozilla
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
hello mlrumble, can you try to replicate this behaviour when you launch firefox in safe mode once? if not, maybe an (updated) addon is interfering here...
Problems with bookmarks and history not working properly can be caused by a corrupted places.sqlite database file.
You can check for problems with the places.sqlite database file in the Firefox profile folder.