Firefox and Norton 360
I noticed that since in installed Norton 360 I keep getting a notice that Firefox "is not responding". Is there a problem with Norton and Firefox. Firefox will stall for a few second and then work fine until the next incident. This only began after installing Norton 360.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 12.0 r0
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Google Update
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 188.8.131.52
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.45.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DjVu browser plugin
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
The Norton toolbar should be compatible with Firefox 26. Try to run Norton live updates a few times.
Norton has had updates for their toolbar extensions ever since Firefox 26.0 was released December 10.
Some say it is best to do live updates before the new Firefox update. You may have to do live update multiple times to get extension to work.