Since using windows 8.1, the menu bars and navigation bars as well a the bookmark list ar in very small letters with poor contrast.
File, edit View etc are in very small light letters as is the navigation bar and when I look through my bookmarks, they too are in small light letters. I need to enlarge them in order to see them. Incidentally the same thing happens on Microsoft Explorer since I downloaded 8.1. It was not so in Windows 8.
You're welcomeRead this answer in context 1
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 11.0.06
- Shockwave Flash 11.9 r900
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee MSS+ NPAPI Plugin
- NVIDIA 3D Vision plugin for Mozilla browsers
- NVIDIA 3D Vision Streaming plugin for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.17.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0
You can set the layout.css.devPixelsPerPx pref on the about:config page to 1.0 or on Windows 8 to 1.25 and if necessary adjust layout.css.devPixelsPerPx starting from 1.0 in 0.1 or 0.05 steps (1.1 or 0.9) to make icons show correctly.
Use an extension to adjust the text size in the user interface and the page zoom in the browser window.
You can look at this extension to adjust the font size for the user interface.
- Theme Font & Size Changer: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/theme-font-size-changer/
You can look at the Default FullZoom Level or NoScript extension if web pages need to be adjusted after changing layout.css.devPixelsPerPx.
- Default FullZoom Level: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/default-fullzoom-level/
- NoSquint: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/nosquint/
Thanks so much for the help. I did not mean to check no. As suggested I used the Theme, Font and Size Changer and Voila, I had a larger and bolder font. Thanks again JR